Blaze Extrusion Extension rapidly creates an environment of 3D models out of raw and simple GIS vector data when integrated with Blaze Terra. Users can present datasets of 3D models in various formats on top of maps and orthophotos.
Blaze Extrusion has the power to extrude millions of vector polygons of any type, without preprocessing or storing 3D models. Optimized for high-performance, Blaze Extrusion captures large datasets of entire regions and transforms dense urban areas into a 3D display on-the-fly. Additionally, Blaze Extrusion provides strong analysis tools such as setting the height and height-base altitude fields.
Blaze Extrusion accommodates the sophisticated extrusion needs of users in areas such as urban planning, land management, and the geo-information arena. Users can transform plain vector shapes into a realistic city simulation, with the option of automatically projecting roof textures from the underlying imagery on top of the 3D models. Blaze Extrusion provides geotypical representation capabilities, allowing users to add colored roofs and walls, custom wall textures, and directional lighting.
- Extrude polygons of any kind (cylinders, boxes, amorphous shapes etc.).
- Extrude vast urban areas (millions of polygons).
- Set height and height-base according to shape file information fields.
- Define colors for roofs and walls.
- Set automatic roof textures, derived from aerial imagery.
- Set custom wall textures, from external image files.
- Compatible with Blaze Stereo Extension true 3D viewing.
- Blaze Terra installed.
For more information, visit the Blaze Terra System Requirements section.